Best Stem Cell therapy, Chennai India | Joint, Bone, Tendon, Ligament treatment
For appointments please submit this form.
Stem Cell Therapy Knee, Chennai, India
Stem Cell Therapy Knee, Chennai, India. Treatment for knee arthritis, ACL & meniscal injuries of knee, Hip AVN treatment India.
Stem Cell Therapy Knee & Platelet rich Plasma (PRP) are advanced treatments for people suffering from Knee pain. Osteo-arthritis is the commonest cause of knee pain. Cartilage, meniscal and ACL injuries can lead to knee arthritis and pain. Unrelenting knee pain may eventually need a knee replacement. Knee Stem cell & PRP therapy may hopefully postpone or avoid a knee replacement.
Avascular necrosis (AVN) is another indication for stem cell treatment. The hip joint is commonly involved although the knee, shoulder and other joints may be rarely affected. The causes are steroid intake, alcohol and blood disorders.
Sports persons suffer ligament, tendon, meniscal and other injuries which have a tremendous impact on their careers. Tendons and joints degenerate. Hip and shoulder osteo-arthritis are also prevalent.
These conditions may require joint replacement or reconstructive surgery later on.
Thankfully now, advanced Stem cells, Platelet Rich Plasma ( PRP) treatment are alternatives which will help alleviate pain and restore mobility. Along with joint preservation procedures, they offer pain relief and postpone a knee joint replacement. These procedures are often non surgical and done as an outpatient. Sometimes these can be incorporated into a standard key hole surgery procedure or even a joint replacement procedure to enhance the results.
These procedures utilize the healing power of your own body to heal the body. Stem cell treatment can be combined with a joint preservation procedure to give a totally biological solution.
PRP injections can heal sports injuries and allow fast return to the sport. Bone death in early cases of avascular necrosis can be arrested. This might result in pain relief, thus postponing the need for a hip replacement.
Cartilage lesions in young patients can be healed with a single stage cartilage repair.
So let’s have a look at the evidence.
1) Studies have shown that PRP can offer pain relief for upto six months in early stages of osteo-arthritis. In the clinic, the x ray-s of these patients don’t show joint space narrowing on weight bearing films. PRP treatments are office procedures and cheaper than signaling cell procedures.
2) Stem cells are more effective in advanced cases of osteo-arthritis. They offer pain relief felt soon after and which can last for several years. How long? Nobody knows at this stage. They don’t regenerate articular cartilage which is the original lining of the joint. They can lead to formation of hyaline like cartilage which has got inferior properties to hyaline cartilage.
Biological treatments carry very little risk. When I can extend the dateline for your primary joint replacement, this should postpone or avoid a revision replacement. The biggest advantage of PRP & Stem cell therapy is that you can continue with the functional use of your own natural joints for as long as possible.
I offer PRP and Bone Marrow Concentrate therapy in Chennai, India.
Although the term Stem Cells is used colloquially, the correct name for these cells is Medicinal Signalling Cells ( MSC’s)
Which conditions are treatable by stem cells in my practice?
Common degenerative conditions of knee, shoulder,hip, fracture non unions and soft tissue injuries can be treated with signaling cells and/or Platelet rich plasma (PRP).
How are they done?
The procedures are painless and done under guidance. You can walk away from the OR after this procedure. The knife is not used. No anesthesia is commonly required. You don’t have to stay overnight in the hospital. There is no prolonged recovery after these biological procedures. See how it is done here .
What are the results?
Our early results are encouraging, particularly in the knee. Patients have got pain relief and are able to continue with their daily activities. See this playlist for patient testimonials
Who are the right candidates for knee stem cell therapy in India?
- Young people with mild to moderate knee arthritis. In them it will alleviate their pain and postpone the need for replacement
- Patients not medically fit for knee replacement but still having some cartilage and joint fluid left. In them, the risk of knee replacement may be higher due to other diseases of heart, lungs, brain and kidneys. Instead of taking pain killers, they can choose knee stem cell therapy to get pain relief for some time.
Who is not suited for stem cell treatment of knee arthritis?
- Obese patients with BMI > 35.
- Uncontrolled inflammatory arthritis like Rheumatoid arthritis and sero-negative arthritis. However they can be considered after biological treatment with disease modifying drugs.
- Young patients with post traumatic arthritis and gross deformities following road traffic accidents. Generally associated deformities with OA knee like bow legs, knock knees and shortening cannot be corrected and need corrective surgery like an osteotomy. To know more about this visit www.jointpreservationsurgery.com
Although patients with knee OA are most common, others with AVN hip, rotator cuff tears, tennis elbow, foot conditions and fracture non unions also seek help.
Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam FRCS, M.Ch Orth, DNB Orth, MS Orth is an UK board certified orthopaedic surgeon.
He pioneered first generation Stem Cell Therapy Knee in Chennai in 2004 & 2005. He has undergone training for cartilage repair in the US. He is a member of the International cartilage repair society (ICRS). He has done signaling cell & PRP procedures for hip, knee & shoulder. Our procedures are done only in Chennai after thorough clinical and radiological evaluation and not done anywhere else in India.
Cinic- MJRC clinic, At Ramarau polyclinic,
829/2, Poonamallee high road,
Phone : +91 9176 640 002
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Blog Posts
Patient testimonial: Knee arthritis BMC/Stem Cell Procedure, Dr.Venkatachalam. An Indian patient from the north eastern state of Nagaland got BMC/ Stem cell ...Read More
Mr.Saeed Albadawi from Saudi Arabia got #BMC therapy #Knee #osteo-arthritis treatment to both #knees in my practice one year ago. He ...Read More
Bone Marrow therapy Knee Osteo-athritis India Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam patient’s testimonial. If you want this procedure, please seek an appointment in Chennai with ...Read More
Platelet Rich Plasma injection AC joint Dr.Venkatachalam Here’s a feedback from our latest patient about the effectiveness of #PRP injection for ...Read More
Knee Stem cell therapy Chennai, India: result @ 6 months. This octogenarian has obtained pain relief of knee arthritis with stem ...Read More
Dr A.K.Venkatachalam in the news. Listen to a discussion on stem cell therapy knee India by Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam. This is an emerging ...Read More
Stem cells & Platelet rich plasma treatments mentioned in this website are medical techniques that may or may not be considered mainstream. As with any medical treatment, results will vary among individuals, and there is no implication that you will heal or receive the same outcome as patients herein. There could be pain or other substantial risks involved. These concerns should be discussed with your health care provider prior to any treatment so that you have proper informed consent and understand that there are no guarantees to healing.