After the press conference on cell treatment for the UK scientist, there has been a lot of interest from people of all ages. I wish to provide prospective patients some guidance as to who is eligible and who is not.
Firstly who are the eligible patients?
- Young people with mild to moderate knee arthritis
- Older people in whom a knee replacement may be risky.
- Patients not medically stable for knee replacement.
Who is not a suitable candidate for cell treatment?
- Patients with bone grating against bone.
- Subluxation of the joint due to sever wear.
- Young patients with gross deformities.